10,000 Degrees provides child care scholarships up to $9,000 per child for parents who are enrolled in college. The scholarship pays for a portion of a child’s day care while the parent is enrolled in college. The scholarship is renewable annually provided that the parent maintains satisfactory progress.
- Marin County residency
- The parent must be attending an accredited or state-approved school and enrolled in a minimum of 6 units
- The parent must be working towards their first bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, license or certificate
- Children must be under the age of 11 and attending a licensed child care facility
- Demonstrate financial need
All applicants must submit a completed application. Notifications will be made to students in September.
In Addition students are to submit:
- Transcripts representing all undergraduate coursework if applicable. (Unofficial is acceptable)
- Financial aid award letter from current school (if applicable)
- 2014 or 2015 Federal Tax Return
- Current semester class schedule
- Provider Verification form completed by the child care provider (FY17 provider verification form)
- Assistance is available for Summer, you must be enrolled in at least 6 units. Please submit a Summer provider verification form. (FY17 SUMMER provider verification form)
- A copy of your child care provider’s IRS Form W-9 (ask your provider)
- A copy of child care provider’s license (ask your provider)
Please click the link below to apply.
10,000 Degrees Childcare Scholarship Application