Our Corporate Partners and Community Sponsors help us dig deep within the communities we serve. By providing human capital in the form of mentoring, student internships or career panels, and donating financial resources to support scholarships, programs and operational costs, our partners help us broaden our reach, raise awareness, and increase our impact in the community.
10,000 Degrees invites you to join us as we support youth on their path to college. We have many ways to get involved, including:
- Mentoring high school juniors and seniors who participate in our 10,000 Degrees Institute program. This is a one to two-year commitment (depending on when the student begins the program) to guiding students as they plan and prepare for college. Mentors and student meet once a month. 10,000 Degrees provides mentor training and guidance, and hosts events for mentors and students.
- Tutoring high school students at 10,000 Degrees’ offices. 10,000 Degrees offers tutoring on weekday afternoons during the school year. Tutors are needed for a variety of subjects, including English, mathematics and foreign languages.
- “Give-at-Work” programs are an easy way to support our work. We welcome the opportunity to speak at a staff meeting to share how we support students in the community.
- Employer match programs can double the impact of your gift.
- Participating in a career panel as part of our 10,000 Degrees Institute. Panel participants provide background information on their industries, as well as sharing their personal career path. The career panels take place during the summer intensive in July or as part of the year-round workshops throughout the academic year.
- Internships provide an invaluable opportunity for high school and college students. An internship provides students with experiences that are not like what they get in the classroom. Students can explore a specific area of interest or simply an introduction to the workplace.
- Essay Review When a student applies for a scholarship, they are required to submit an essay. In addition to meeting the financial eligibility requirements, we also utilize a scoring system to evaluate each essay. One full weekend each spring, we invite members of our community to read essays to support this process.
- Board of Directors/Committees Our work is only possible because of the generosity of dedicated committee and Board members who guide the direction of the organization. This is an excellent opportunity to work side-by-side with like-minded individuals in supporting our work.
- Sponsor our annual Scholarship Night gala and enjoy an evening mingling with students, alumni and other 10,000 Degrees supporters. Sponsors are recognized in the all print and on-line event materials.
Partner with us today – you'll be in good company!
Bank of America Foundation
Bank of Marin
Blythedale Rebekah Lodge
The California Endowment
College Access Foundation of California
Dodge & Cox Investment Managers
Fehr & Peers Transportation Consultants
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
Kaiser Premanente Napa/Solano
The Kimball Foundation
League of Women Voters Marin
The Marine Mammal Center
Pacific Education Foundation
Parsons Brinckerhoff Group
The Pasha Group
Regal Capital Holdings LLC
Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Foundation
The TCC Group
Union Bank of California
Vali Cooper & Associates, Inc.
Vallejo Nissan, Inc.