A unique feature of the 10,000 Degrees Institute is its Mentoring Program. This program matches Institute students with their own 10,000 Degrees adult volunteer mentor.
As a mentor, you will receive training from 10,000 Degrees to help students get the support and information they need to get to college. If you have any questions please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Graunya Holsen at 415-451-4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a mentor, you will:
- Read essays and applications
- Help students meet deadlines
- Give advice about college choices
- Direct students to scholarship resources
- Tell students, “I believe in you!”
- APPLY NOW!
Ever wonder what a difference a mentor can make? We think General Colin L. Powell has a great story to tell in this video: