The New Leader Scholarship supports students enrolled at certain Bay Area public universities (see below) with an annual award of up to $8,000. The New Leader Scholarship requires a separate application (see below). Applications must be postmarked by March 10, 2018.
- Students must be enrolled at one of the following: California State University, East Bay Campus; San Francisco State University; San Jose State University; Sonoma State University; or University of California at Berkeley.
- Students must be enrolled in upper division courses and in attendance for at least one academic year, with 60 units or more, 24 of which were attained at the present university.
- Students must be studying the social sciences, human services, public interest law, health-related fields, or public service.
- Students must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA either at the current school or at a combination of the current school plus all schools previously attended. Consideration will be given to students with a GPA of 3.2 – 3.49.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units each in the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semester.
The New Leader Application will reopen in mid January 2019.
For more information visit http://www.newleaderscholarship.org.