The purpose of the 10,000 Degrees Government & Community Relations Team is to:
- Maintain relationships with City, State and Federal Elected officials, government agencies, civic leaders and representatives from community based organizations
- Build visibility as a policy and thought leader in California
- Identify government and institutional funding channels
- Develop and strengthen relationships with City, State and Federal officials as well as representatives from government, education, and community agencies
- Research and secure federal, state, and local government grants.
- Develop an annual legislative and advocacy agenda for 2019 and build capacity for 10,000 Degrees to effectively engage in local, state and federal policy advocacy.
- Inform key legislators on issues concerning higher education matriculation, persistence and completion affecting 10,000 Degrees students and families.
- Establish and maintain collaborative efforts with institutions of higher education and K-12 to influence City, state, federal policy affecting 10KD
Key Policy and Advocacy Issues
10,000 Degrees remains committed to the following advocacy issues:
- All students receive the necessary support to engage in and complete a rigorous college prep curriculum in high school.
- All students receive the necessary support to navigate, apply for, and manage financial aid opportunities, especially low-income families.
- Ensure all students are made aware of, understand fully, and are provided the opportunity to take advantage of college success policies.