- This event has passed.
Meet 10,000 Degrees Students & Alumni — Today & Tomorrow’s Changemakers
September 2, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Despite unprecedented ecosystem challenges, our students and alumni are continuing to persevere, innovate, and create impactful change in their communities and the world.
Shaped by their passions and visions for the future, hear how our diverse panel of 10,000 Degrees student and alumni changemakers are navigating their goals and aspirations in school and the workplace in order to achieve their vision of a brighter and more equitable future for all.
In this Town Hall, you will:
- Learn how first-generation college students and alumni define the characteristics of a changemaker in their community.
- Discover how they are creating impactful change and how their future goals and aspirations influence what they do.
- Hear how our panelists are pursuing their goals as they navigate the COVID-19 crisis.
- Get recommendations on how to lead by example to create change.
- Learn how they were inspired to create change and who were their changemakers.
- Join the conversation during a special Q&A session.
When you register, you will also have the option to join a post-event Zoom meeting from 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. to hear additional updates about 10,000 Degrees programming in your region.
Hear from our panelists:
- Ismail Azam, College of Marin Transfer | University of California Berkeley Student
- Kevin Rojas De León, Santa Rosa Junior College Transfer | Alumnus, University of California, Berkeley | Fellow, 10,000 Degrees
- Genesis Higueros, Alumna, University of California, Merced | Duke University Doctoral Student
- Ayana Morgan-Woodard, Alumna, Tuskegee University
- Gabriela Servin-Cendejas, Alumna, University of California, Santa Cruz | Investment Associate, Loomis, Sayles & Company