- This event has passed.
Train the Trainer – Best Practices for Supporting Undocumented Students
January 27, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
All undocumented students CAN go to college! Unfortunately, many of our undocumented students and families are not aware of their college options. Do you want to help spread information, inspiration, and create a college going culture at your campus for your undocumented students? Are you interested in learning concrete best practices on how to facilitate a college going conversation for undocumented students? Join 10,000 Degrees and high school partners throughout the bay area through this interactive workshop facilitated by two college graduates that helped pave the way for undocumented students on their college campus.
In this workshop, we will work together to:
– Debunk common myths about the undocumented community
– Discuss laws and policies directly impacting undocumented students & families in California
– Explore college financial aid opportunities for undocumented students in California
– Learn how to deliver strength based college going conversations with undocumented students through live scenarios
– Learn and share resources to best support your undocumented students & families
– Participate in a live Q&A