Learn about the impact of our work & why your support matters.

Before You Apply

10,000 Degrees is here to help you find the resources you need to afford college. Use the videos below to discover what types of free financial aid are available, what application students need to fill out, timelines, and more.

Applying for Financial Aid


Have a Webgrants for Students CSAC account

What is a Webgrants for Students account?

A webgrants for students account is used to view and manage your state financial aid (calgrant). This account is created through CSAC, Californias organization that awards state aid. The account is used to check your aid eligibility, see your Cal Grant award, select your school of attendance, and verify your graduation date.


In order to create your web grants for students account, you will need to have submitted a FAFSA or CA Dream Act application.

How do I create my account?

You can create your webgrants for students account by visiting mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov

Request an IRS Tax Return Transcript

What is a tax return transcript?

An IRS tax return transcript is a document that shows the financial information from the requested tax year. It is a summary of personal and financial information.

Why do I need a tax return transcript?

Some colleges may request a parent and/or student tax return transcript to verify the information reported on a FAFSA or CA Dream Act. The student must provide the tax return transcript by the given deadline to the schools financial aid office in order to receive their financial aid awards.

How do I order a tax return transcript?

There are several ways to obtain a tax retrun transcript: online, mail, and phone. Please view the following slides for details and step-by-step directions on how to order by mail and online!

Visit www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript to order your transcript in English.

Visit www.irs.gov/es/individuals/get-transcript to order your transcript in Spanish.

Download your Student Aid Report (SAR or CalSAR)

What is a Student aid report?

A Student Aid Report (SAR) is a summary of the information you provided on your FAFSA or CA Dream Act. This includes financial information, student dependency, and household size.

How do I retrieve my Student Aid Report?

The student has to log in to their FAFSA or CA Dream Act to retrieve their SAR. They can then download their SAR as a PDF.

For more information, contact:

Vanessa Bishop
Chief Program Officer

Phone: 415.524.7327
Email: vanessa.bishop (at) 10000degrees.org

Jose Jimenez
Director of College Access, San Francisco & South Bay

Phone: 415.599.6408
Email: jjimenez (at) 10000degrees.org

Hugo Que
Director Of College Access, Marin & Contra Costa

Phone: 707.328.4402
Email: hque (at) 10000degrees.org

Tania Requenes
Director of Community College Success

Phone: 415.246.8283
Email: trequenes (at) 10000degrees.org

Karla Santiago
Director of 4 Year & Alumni Success

Phone: 415.720.9063
Email: ksantiago (at) 10000degrees.org

Eli Weinzveg
Director of College Pathways, Sonoma, Lake & Napa

Email: eli.weinzveg (at) 10000degrees.org